GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In this Warranty Policy, we use the following definitions:
e-moped: an electric scooter which features and performances are published as indicators and may differ from actual performance and product specifications;
the manufacturer: the company that manufactures new e-mopeds, parts or accessories;
the warranty: a) the warranty given by the manufacturer, importer or seller on e-mopeds, parts and accessories; b) the warranty as published on the manufacturer’s website.
2. WARRANTY TERMS
- The Manufacturer’s warranty term for a new e-moped is 24 months, counting from the date of delivery. Decisive here is the date of the registration of the first owner.
- The warranty term for original Manufacturer parts is 12 months from the date of purchase. If a part is replaced within the warranty period of the e-moped, the original warranty period of the e-moped also remains applicable to this part. The original warranty period is therefore not extended or renewed by part replacement.
- For labor performed on your e-moped, a warranty period of 6 months applies.
- The battery pack has a warranty term of 12 months or 12,500 kilometers or 250 charging cycles (whichever comes first) except for damage to the battery pack that is not covered by the warranty provision.
- Frames are guaranteed for 24 months on construction and/or material defects. For (discoloration of) the paint on frame, forks and rims, a warranty of 6 months also applies.
- Electrical components, such as the drive, controller, sensors, charger, and speedometer, is 24 months.
- No warranty is given on parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as tires, bearings, cables, and brake pads, unless there are construction and / or material defects.
- For other parts, if properly maintained, also a warranty of 6 months applies. These parts and manner of maintenance are described in the user manual and / or service manual. In order not to give the occurrence of rust due to external influences a chance, it is necessary that you take care of maintenance for good. How you can best do that is described in the manual of your e-moped. With every service by Manufacturer, the status of your frame and its protection is checked. Any damage can therefore be noticed and repaired in time. Therefore, please adhere to Manufacturer’s advice to have maintenance carried out at least once every 12 months.
3. WARRANTY PROVISIONS
- If the product turns out to be defective, during the warranty term, due to defects in material or assembly, the manufacturer, or a dealer, will repair or replace the product or the defective parts under the conditions stated below. Manufacturer and the dealer may replace defective products or parts with new or remanufactured products or parts.
- The warranty is only granted within the warranty period and on presentation of the original proof of purchase (date of purchase, model name, serial number, and seller information) together with the defective product. The manufacturer and its dealers may refuse free warranty service if these documents are not presented, are incomplete or unreadable.
- The party with whom you closed the purchase agreement is your first point of contact regarding warranty.
- The warranty can only be invoked by the first owner of the e-moped in question and is not transferable.
- Warranty compensation does not cover transport costs, nor risks associated with the transport of your product to and from the manufacturer or a dealer.
4. WARRANTY CONDITIONS
- Manufacturer guarantees that if a defect occurs within the warranty term because of a material and/or manufacturing defect, this will be repaired free of charge.
- If a defect occurs, this must be made known to manufacturer immediately after discovery of the defect.
- Repair of the defect means repair or replacement of the defective item(s). This is based on the execution as it was at the time of the purchase date of the e-moped.
- Only defective parts that are sent to manufacturer for review are part of the warranty. To the extent permitted by law, compensation for physical injury or damage to other goods other than (original parts of) the manufacturer is excluded.
- Parts to be replaced will be made available at the expense of manufacturer.
- Without prejudice to the limitations set by law, the warranty is limited to the foregoing. To that extent, no claim can be made to other compensation, such as indirect damage because of failure of the e-moped.
- Owner will be charged for maintenance, service and inspection work, also during the warranty period.
- Additional assembly and disassembly costs that arise because of changes made by the owner to the e-moped are not covered by the warranty.
- Indirect damage includes transport and omission costs. These costs are not covered by the warranty.